Mr. Syed Manzur ElahiEC Chairman
Mr. Syed Manzur Elahi is the Founding Chairman of Mutual Trust Bank Ltd. (MTB) and Pioneer Insurance Company Limited and currently serving as the Chairman of the Executive Committee of the bank. He is one of the leading entrepreneurs and industrialists of Bangladesh. Mr. Elahi is the Chairman of Apex Group, a leading business conglomerate in Bangladesh, and has won various awards for his contributions to trade and industry including:
- “Business Executive of the Year 2000” by the American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM), Bangladesh
- “Business Person of the Year 2002” award, sponsored by the Daily Star and DHL Worldwide Express
Besides being an eminent industrialist, he was also appointed Adviser to the Caretaker Government of Bangladesh, twice (1996 & 2001), for his leadership qualities, professionalism and non-partisanship. Mr. Elahi holds an M.A. (Econ.) from the University of Dhaka.
Mr. Elahi is currently the Chairman of
- Apex Tannery Ltd.
- Apex Footwear Ltd.
- Apex Pharma Ltd.
- Blue Ocean Footwear Ltd.
- Apex Enterprises Ltd.
- Apex Investments Ltd.
- Grey Advertising (Bangladesh) Ltd.
- Quantum Market Research
- Manusher Jonno Foundation
- Holiday Publications
- Bangladesh Freedom Foundation
He is also:
- Director of International Publications Limited, the owning company of The Financial Express
- Director of Credit Rating Agency of Bangladesh Limited (CRAB)
- Director of Central Depository Bangladesh Ltd. (CDBL)
- Member of the Board of Trustees of East West University
- Member of the Board of Trustees of Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD)
- Member of Trustee Board of Diabetic Association of Bangladesh
Previously, Mr. Elahi has served as:
- Chairman of the Bangladesh Association of Banks (BAB)
- Chairman of the East West University Foundation (EWUF)
- Chairman of Central Depository Bangladesh Ltd. (CDBL)
- Vice Chairman of the Bangladesh Association of Publicly Listed Companies (BAPLC)
- Director on the Boards of Bangladesh Bank, Sonali Bank and Bangladesh Krishi Bank
- Director of the Export Promotion Bureau, Bangladesh
- President of the Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Dhaka (MCCI)
- President, Bangladesh Employers Association (BEA)
- President of the Dhaka University Alumni Association (DUAA)
- Honorary Consul for Belgium in Bangladesh
Others Professional Involvements include, Member, Regulatory Reforms Commission, Member, Public Administration Reforms Commission and Trustee of Freedom Foundation.