Useful Information About MTB Credit Card
Card Cheque: You can get a Cheque Book issued against your card and use the cheque (Account Payee only) for payment to any person or establishment within Bangladesh. Card Cheque will be especially useful to you where card acceptance facility is not available (e.g. house rent, school fees etc.). 90% of your available credit limit will be applicable to your Card Cheque.
Instant Cash Advance: You do not need to carry cash anymore if you have a MTB Credit Card. You can withdraw cash up to 50% of your credit limit from ATMs (both home and abroad).
Supplementary Card: You can share the exclusive benefits of your card by giving your loved ones Supplementary Cards. As a Primary Cardholder, you can also set spending limits for each of your Supplementary Cards. For easy tracking, all transactions on your Supplementary Card will be shown separately on your monthly card statement. You can give up to four Supplementary Cards and the first one is absolutely free.
E-statement: E-statement gives you the freedom to receive your financial information anywhere in the world & minimize your paper work. Get your card’s monthly statements at your registered e-mail address absolutely FREE. You can choose up to three (3) e-mail addresses to receive your card’s monthly statements.
SMS Alert: You will get SMS at your register number for transactions, statement balance, minimum due amount and payment due date along with other important information. This gives you peace of mind as you use your MTB Credit Card.
Flexible Payment Options: You can pay as little as 5% of your outstanding balance or BDT 500 ($10 for USD portion), whichever is higher.
Wide acceptance: Your card has wide acceptance across the country and around the globe. The wide range of merchants include hotels, restaurants, airlines, travel agents, shopping malls, hospitals & diagnostic centres, jewellery shops, electronics & computer shops, and many more. Please remember to get your passport endorsed against your card to use your card for overseas transactions.
Paying your Card Bill:
Payment through Auto-Debit: If you are a MTB Account Holder, you can avail our Auto-Debit facility to settle your card bill. This facility will enable us to debit your nominated account and credit the card account on the payment due date. You can choose any amount between the minimum amount due and 100% of the current balance for payment.
Payment at branches or Bills Pay Machines through Cash or Cheque: Card payments are accepted through cash or cheque or Account Transfer instructions at all MTB branches and Bills Pay Machines. Cash payments will be updated on the same day if you make the payment within banking hours and Cheque payments will be updated on the same day as we receive the cleared funds. For cheque payments, please ensure the following:
- Make it ‘Account Payee’ and payable to Mutual Trust Bank Ltd.
Payment through Internet Banking: If you are a MTB Account Holder and availing internet banking facility, you can pay your card bill through internet baking any time. The payment will be updated by the next working day.
- Make sure your Payment covers at least the Minimum Amount Due as shown on your statement. If the Minimum Amount Due is not received by the payment due date, Late Payment Fee will be imposed.
- If your payment due date falls on Public Holiday, your payment must reach us on the working day prior to the Public Holiday.
- If you are availing Auto-Debit facility, please ensure that your respective account is active and sufficient balance is maintained.
Card Service through 24/7 Contact Centre: You have access to our 24/7 Contact Centre whenever you need any help with respect to your credit card. For any enquiry on your card, simply call at 16219 from your registered number. You may also reach us at +880 96040 16219 from overseas.
You may avail the following services:
- Activation of your card
- Getting your card information (i.e. available credit limit, payment due date, total outstanding balance etc.)
- Loss/stolen reporting of your card
- Duplicate statement request
- Enrollment to e-statement
- Transaction details
- Card and PIN replacement request
- Reporting any complaint or feedback
Use & Protection of Your Card
- Please do not disclose security details of your card like your Card Number, Credit Limit, PIN, Expiry Date, etc. to anyone.
- Please do not disclose your PIN to anyone in any situation. Do not write the PIN on your card or keep it with your card.
- If your card is lost or stolen, please inform the Bank immediately by calling our 24/7 Contact Centre.
- Please report any disputed entry in your card statement. The report has to be made in writing, mentioning the transaction details within 30 days of the statement date.