Rashed Ahmed Chowdhury
Director & Chairman, MTB Board Risk Management Committee
Rashed Ahmed Chowdhury is the Director and Chairman of the Board Risk Management Committee of Mutual Trust Bank Ltd. (MTB). Prior to assuming this role, he was the Chairman of the bank and its three subsidiary companies.
Mr. Chowdhury is the:
- Chairman of Banga Garments Ltd.
- Chairman of ABC Building Products Ltd.
- Founder Trustee and former Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Independent University, Bangladesh (IUB)
- Founding member and past President of Cadet College Club Limited
- Member of the Management Committee of Ispahani Islamia Eye Institute and Hospital (IIEI&H)
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Centre
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Bangladesh Business & Disability Network (BBDN)
- Senior Vice President of Bangladesh Squash Rackets Federation.
He is also:
Director of Associated Builders Corporation Ltd. (ABC), a pioneer in the field of construction and real estate development in Bangladesh
Director of ABC Real Estates Ltd.
He has served as:
Senior Vice President of Bangladesh Terry Towel Manufacturers and Exporters Association
President of the Rotary Club of Dhaka Central
Assistant Governor of Rotary District-3280
Mr. Chowdhury obtained Higher National Diploma in Business Studies from West London College, UK and a Post Graduate Degree in Business Management from Kingston University of the United Kingdom. He is a member of the Chartered Management Institute, UK.