Mr. M. Mokammel Haque
Mr. M. Mokammel Haque, a retired Secretary of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh Government, is an Independent Director of Mutual Trust Bank Limited (MTB). He also serves as Chairman of Kabi Mozammel Haque Foundation and Member of Underprivileged Children Program (UCEP). Prior to joining MTB, he was an Independent Director of Pioneer Insurance Company Limited.
Mr. Mokammel began his career as Lecturer, Political Science Department of the University of Dhaka. After 2 years in 1960, he joined Government of Pakistan as Assistant Commissioner under Training and worked till 1966 as SDO, Bagerhat, Govt. of East Pakistan and Senior Scale Section Officer, Establishment Division, GOP respectively.
He joined Government of Bangladesh in 1968 as Deputy Commissioner of undivided Sylhet, Mymensing, Chattogram and Dhaka District. He served Government of Bangladesh till 1975 as Director General, Integrated Rural Development Program (IRDP).
Mr. Mokammel worked as Vice-Chairman, World Trade Centre and Member of the Executive Board, UNICEF from 1977 to 1980. He also served Rupali Bank Limited as a Director from 1977 to 1980.
Mr. Mokammel started serving Government of Bangladesh in 1980 again as Director, Commonwealth Secretariat, London, UK and served there till 1986.
He served various important Ministries of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh:
- Secretary, Ministry of Education, Government of Bangladesh (1974-75)
- Secretary, Ministry of Land, Government of Bangladesh (1986-89)
- Secretary, Ministry of Commerce, Government of Bangladesh (1990)
- Secretary, Ministry of Health, Government of Bangladesh (1991-92)
Mr. Mokammel also served different Government Agencies:
- Vice Chairman, Export Promotion Bureau (EPB), Government of Bangladesh (1977-80)
- Member, Programming and Socio Economic Infrastructure Division, Planning Commission, Government of Bangladesh (1992-94)
- Executive Chairman, Board of Investment (BOI), Government of Bangladesh (1994-95)
- Minister-Executive Chairman, Board of Investment (BOI), Government of Bangladesh (1999-2001)
He was Chairman of Janata Insurance Company Limited from 1997 to 98.
Bangladesh Economic Association and Bangla Academy Diabetic Association of Bangladesh (BADAS)
Mr. Mokammel obtained his M. A. in Political Science from the University of Dhaka in 1957 and completed his Bachelor of Honours (BA) in Political Science from the University of Dhaka in 1956. He completed his CFS exam in 1959 and Diploma in Development Administration, London School of Economics, London, UK.