Mr. Anwarul AminIndependent Director
Mr. Amin is one of the most senior bankers of the country. After graduating from Westminster Bank Institute of Banking, Oakenholt, Oxfordshire, UK in 1955, he started his banking career with Muslim Commercial Bank Ltd., Dhaka as a Covenanted Officer in the same year. He received specialized banking training with Deutsche Bank, Hamburg, KfW, Frankfurt and Westminster Bank Ltd., London.
Mr. Amin has served in managerial and senior executive positions during his thirty- six years career in many reputed organizations including:
- Branch Manager at National Bank of Pakistan
- Manager, Project Department, End Use Department and Small Industries Department, Industrial Development Bank of Pakistan (IDBP)
- Chief Manager, Controller of Planning & Development, Deputy Managing Director, Joint Managing Director, Eastern Banking Corporation Ltd
- General Manager ( Country Head ) for UK, Uttara Bank*
- General Manager (Deputy CEO), Bangladesh Shilpa Bank (Now BDBL)
- General Manager (Country Head) of Bank of Credit & Commerce International (BCCI ), Bangladesh
- Chief Representative & General Manager ( Country Head ) BCCI China with 4 Representative Offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Canton, Xiamen and a full-service Branch in Shenzhen SEZ
- General Manager ( Country Head ), Japan
- Chairman, Equity Resources Limited (Capital Market Intermediary Company)
- Independent Director & Vice Chairman, Bank Asia Ltd.
*In December 1971, the Bangladesh Government assigned Mr. Amin to open the first- ever overseas branch of a Bangladeshi bank. During his tenure in the UK he opened branches of Uttara Bank in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Oldham and Bradford.
Current assignments besides being an Independent Director of Mutual Trust Bank Ltd.: Chairman include Board of Trustees of Impact Foundation Bangladesh (NGO involved in the Disability Sector), Trustee of Bangladesh Hospital Trust, Chief Advisor (formerly President), Bangladesh-China People’s Friendship Association (BCPFA), Chairman, Kayfin Ltd. (Management Consultants).