Mr. Anis A. KhanManaging Director & CEO
Anis A. Khan (AAK), a Fellow of the Institute of Bankers, Bangladesh (IBB) is Managing Director & CEO of Mutual Trust Bank Limited (MTB) since April 2009. Prior to joining MTB, AAK headed IDLC Finance Limited (IDLC), the country’s largest financial institution (non-banking) for six years, as its CEO & Managing Director. A career banker, Anis earlier served for 21 years, in a multitude of roles, with the then British-owned Grindlays Bank p.l.c. and it’s successor banks – ANZ Grindlays Bank and Standard Chartered Bank (SCB), both in Bangladesh and abroad.
AAK has received on job exposure and training on nearly all aspects of banking, management, and leadership practices in his 34-year banking career. He has sound knowledge of merchant banking, stock brokerage services, leasing, factoring, legal and compliance, mergers and acquisitions, business process re-engineering and transformation and up gradation of information technology platforms, acquired in Bangladesh, India, UAE, UK, Australia and South Africa.
He has also attended:
- The Executive Program in Corporate Governance and Strategic Management at the Haas Business School of the University of California, Berkeley in May 2014
- Value Creation in Banking and Strategic Management Program held at INSEAD, Fontainebleau, France in October 2015
In June 2015, Anis presented a paper on “Financing The Transformation of the Bangladesh Garment Industry” at the School of South Asian Studies, University of Harvard, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.
On November 20, 2016, he received the ‘Business & Entrepreneur Excellence Award 2016’ and recognized as the ‘Inspirational Business Leader of the Year’, at a ceremony held in London, United Kingdom, which was organized by the UK Bangladesh Catalysts of Commerce & Industry (UKBCCI). Earlier, in 2015, MTB was awarded the DHL-The Daily Star Bangladesh Business Awards and recognized as the ‘Best Financial Institution of 2014’.
Anis currently serves as:
- Vice Chairman of the Industrial & Infrastructure Development Finance Company Limited (IIDFC)
- Director of BD Ventures Limited
- Independent Director and Chairman of the Board Audit Committee of Berger Paints Bangladesh Limited (BPBL)
- Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Association of Bankers, Bangladesh Limited (ABB)
- Member of the Council of The Institute of Bankers Bangladesh
- Member of the Board of Governors of Bangladesh Institute of Bank Management (BIBM)
- Member of the Board of Governors of the Dhaka School of Bank Management
- Vice President of the Bangladesh Association of Publicly Listed Companies (BAPLC)
- Life Member of the SAARC Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SAARC CCI)
- Trustee Treasurer of the CSR Centre
He has served earlier as:
- Director of Eastern Bank Limited, 2004-2006
- Independent Director of Chittagong Stock Exchange Limited (CSE), 2004-2008
- Director of the Credit Rating Agency of Bangladesh Limited (CRAB), 2004-2009
- Bangladesh Rating Agency Limited (BDRAL), 2011-2013
- Chairman of Bangladesh Leasing & Finance Companies Association (BLFCA), 2006-2009
- Chairman of Primary Dealers Bangladesh Limited ((PDBL), 2014-2016
- Vice President of the Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Dhaka (MCCI) for two terms – 2014 & 2015
- Chairperson of the SWIFT Member & User Group of Bangladesh (SMUGB), 2014-2017
AAK frequently delivers lectures and presentations on investment in Bangladesh, corporate governance, banking and the capital market, both at home and abroad. A keen collector of art, Anis is a member of the Board of Governors of the Society for Promotion of Bangladesh Art (SPBA). His other hobbies and interests include photography, numismatics, technology and reading. His spouse, Monowar Anis Khan (Minu) was a member of the first Bangladesh Women’s Cricket Team and later on served as a Director of the Bangladesh Cricket Board and Representative for ladies’ cricket for Bangladesh to the Asian Cricket Council (ACC).